Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The 1st Blog...

So, this is my first blog. Thanks to Mary Ann for turning me to this website. :)

Back on December 12, 2008, my husband and I welcomed our first child, Emma Leslie. I had to have an unexpected C-Section due to Emma's head being too big. I was originally in labor for 11 hours. I had pushed for 2 hours when my midwife said that Emma wasn't making progress. So, we decided to do the C-Section. Everything went great and at 6:57pm, our 9lbs 4oz baby girl was born! We couldn't have been happier that she was finally here!


So, now it is a month and a half later. To me, Emma has gotten so big! She is making more noises now and she's smiling alot! She is such a happy baby! I can't wait for her 2 month check-up so I can find out how much she weighs. I am not looking forward to her shots though. :(

I have my 6 week post partum check up on January 26th. I have been feeling great so I will probably be back at work February 2nd. It's going to be hard to leave Emma, but she will be with her Gramma (my mom). So I have nothing to worry about.

Yesterday, Emma had her first girl's outing with my mom and I. I needed a dress for my work party this weekend, so we went shopping at Ross. Then, we went over to Michael's to get a frame for the birth sampler that my mom made for her. We then went to lunch at Moe's (Yum!! lol). Emma pretty much slept the whole time! It was alot of fun to get out of the house.

Today is pretty much going to be a slow day. We are staying in, which is good since it is so cold out. Tomorrow we will going into my office for a few, so that will be fun. :)

1 comment:

  1. yay! you finally have a blog too!!:)love you- Im glad we can keep up with eachother easier now:)

    ReplyDelete